Mosaic Farm is located between Stanford and Hermanus, in an idyllic location on the shores of the Hermanus Lagoon and a short 4 × 4 drive from Walker Bay. The Suites at Lagoon Lodge nestle amongst the indigenous Milkwood Trees whilst cottages are also available for self-catering.
Accommodation Information select a tab
Facilities & Services
- Large plunge pool with views over the Lagoon (available for Lodge guests only).
Activities included for Lodge guests but available for an extra charge for those staying in the Cottages include:
- Sun-downer drives or breakfasts to Walker Bay (Cape Nature Reserve).
- Kayaking on the Hermanus Lagoon
- Quad bike tours in to the Mountains (min stay 3 nights at the Lodge to be comp and min age of 12).
- Trips in to Hermanus over Walker Bay from the Pontoon as well as sunset cruises.
Bars & Restaurants
- Breakfast and Dinner for Lodge guests is served in a delightful locations such as the deck under the Milkwood Trees or in the main Lapa (depending on weather).
- The Spookhuis Country Cafe , open 11:00 – 15:00 provides home-baked goodies as well as additional items such as olives, cured meats, cheese platters and award winning wine. Picnic baskets are also available and meat / salads for barbecues can be pre-ordered for those self-catering in the Cottages.
- Guests in the cottages can utilise the self catering facilities, including outside braii facility. Shops are a 30 minute drive away or the management will be pleased to stock the fridge before arrival with prior warning!
The extensive space to explore will be welcomed by all. A combination of on-site activities and further options a short drive away, will keep guests of all ages busy throughout the year.
Looking after younger guests
- Small selection of toys and games are available in the Lapa at the Lodge.
Bespoke meals on request (in advance)
Babysitting & Supervised activities
Babysitting is currently not available, but should become so in the future – please enquire.
Lagoon Lodge features safari-style suites woven in to an ancient Milwood grove with glass and stone walls opening up onto beautiful views of the mountains and lagoon. A cooling fan is available for Summer, and a fireplace for Winter nights alongside complimentary tea & coffee facilities.
Duminy Cottage, sleeping up to 8, offers good space with 3 bedrooms (2 en-suite downstairs and further Mezzanine level with additional beds), open plan kitchen / dining / sitting area, underfloor-heating and outside terrace with braai extending on to grassed lawns leading down to the Lagoon.
Milkwood 1 Cottage (Studio) offers a King Size Bed and Sofa bed.
Milkwood 2 incorporates 1 x King bed in the main bedroom, 2 x single beds in a second bedroom, a single bed in a small 3rd bedroom and a sofa bed in the lounge area.
Milkwood 3 features King Size bed in main bedroom, 2 x single sofa beds in the sitting room, a Queen in the 2nd bedroom and Trundle Bed (single and pull out single) in the 3rd.Family
- Up to 2 children under 12 can share a the Family Room at Lagoon Lodge with additional mattresses placed on the floor.
- Duminy and Milkwood Cottages are ideal for larger families / groups looking for interleading accommodation who are happy to self cater with the support of the Country Cafe!.
- From £130 per person sharing at Lagoon Lodge including breakfast, dinner and a variety of activities such as 4 × 4 Beach excursion, kayaking and guided bird watching. Quad biking is also included for stays of 3 nights or more.
Please note that from 2014, rates will be on Fully Inclusive basis at Lagoon Lodge, which will include all meals & activities
- Duminy Cottage rates depend on numbers sharing, but based on 4 would be £150 on a room only basis for the whole cottage.
- Infants at Lagoon Lodge under 2 stay free.
- Children at Lagoon Lodge under the age of 12 sharing charged from £60.
- Discounts for children in their own Lodge room also available on request.