Schulphoek Guest House
A short distance from Hermanus, Schulphoek benefits from uninterrupted sea views enabling guests to whale-watch from their own ‘home from home’. Your hosts place great importance on the good food and wine served at a convivial central table before you retire to your suite.
Accommodation Information select a tab
Facilities & Services
Please note: these are inclusive in price unless otherwise stated.
- Summerhouse with heated salt water pool.
- Extensive wine cellar
- Wellness therapies on request and by appointment (additional cost).
Bars & Restaurants
- Sea view Dining/Lounge area serving breakfast, light lunches on request and a sumptuous four course dinner enjoyed around a central table.
- Honesty Bar.
Families are accommodated in a Family Suite with additional single bedroom or several rooms in close proximity.
Looking after younger guests
- Children’s DVD collection
- Cartoon TV channel on request
- Games and puzzles, kites and boogie boards
- For younger children a special menu is served at 6:30 pm in the Dining Room or on the Verandah, weather permitting.
- Older children can dine with their parents around the central dining table at 8 pm, but please note they will be expected to fit in with the relaxed but semi-formal atmosphere.
- Bespoke meals available on request.
Babysitting & Supervised activities
Babysitting: Rooms are all located close to the central dining room, but if you wish to eat away from the Guest House then a babysitter can be provided.
All rooms have private bathrooms and Satellite TV with DVD. The Scallop suite (66 square metres) occupies the entire first floor with magnificent views, dressing room, spa-bath, air-conditioning, Radio and CD. 2 Superior and 2 Luxury Suites also benefit from spa-baths whilst 2 Standard Rooms are also available.
- A cot can be accommodated in all room types except the Scallop Suite.
- The Seahorse Suite (Luxury) benefits from a second single bedroom ideal for a child and could also accommodate a cot.
- Adjacent rooms can also be confirmed for larger families.
Rates for a 2 night min stay from £70 per night per adult sharing, inclusive of Bed & Breakfast and four course dinner on arrival night in a Standard or Luxury room (valid 01/05/12 – 31/08/12). Supplement of £11 for upgraded Superior Room type.
Please note the guest house is closed during June.
- Rate on request for children sharing
- Children in their own room charged at adult rate.
- Reduced rates for stays of 4 nights or longer applicable year round.
Note: Please enquire for rates for different Room Types and Seasons and we will compile a detailed quotation for your stay.
All staff are local residents of the Zwelihle Township in Hermanus. They are offered both in-house training in housekeeping, waitressing and kitchen duties (including assisting the professional chef and baking), as well as being given the opportunity to attend external courses in the hospitality industry.