Blue Gum Country Estate
In a tranquil setting encompassing vineyards and river frontage close to Stanford, Blue Gum offers a delightful base from which to explore the region and see whales in Season. Accommodation ranges from country style mountain-facing suites to those with a contemporary design offering valley views.
Accommodation Information select a tab
Facilities & Services
Please note: these are inclusive in price unless otherwise stated.
- Explore the 130 acre of estate by foot or mountain bike.
- Swimming Pool
- Tennis Court
Bars & Restaurants
- Enjoy a pre-dinner drink around the boma fire or in the cosy sitting room.
- For dinner enjoy a 3 course set menu of either chicken, lamb, fillet or seafood prepared with the freshest incredients and following by a decadent desert, all served in the main dining room or on the deck overlooking the Vineyards.
- Light lunches are available on request, in the gardens or at the pool.
- Breakfast is served in the Breakfast Room overlooking the fields and mountains whilst Afternoon Tea is served in the conservatory.
Families will receive a warm welcome in special suites with a second bedroom for children and a range of touches such as children’s bikes and fishing nets.
Looking after younger guests
- Children’s bikes
- Selection of toys/board games
- Bespoke meals on request.
Babysitting & Supervised activities
- Babysitting available on request.
- Family activity weekends are also offered at certain times of the year, with activities for children including boat trips, horse riding and a visit to the local cheese farm.
Mountain Facing Rooms and Suites are decorated in a Country style whilst Luxury Rooms in the Manor House are more contemporary in design with views over the Valley. All are individually designed with private patios and fireplaces.
- Families are accommodated in spacious Mountain Facing Suites with 2 bedrooms and one bathroom and large terrace.
- Alternatively there are 2 en-suite rooms for families in the Manor House with interconnecting Hallway.
- For larger groups the ‘Country Villa’ with private pool can sleep up to 8 in 3 bedrooms and is therefore ideal for extended families or 2 families travelling together. Guest can self cater or use the facilities of the gourmet Blue Gum restaurant a short stroll away.
Rates from £64 per night per adult sharing, inclusive breakfast in a Mountain Facing Room (valid 01/05/12 – 31/08/12).
Rates for the Villa are from £259 per night for the whole unit (valid 01/05/12 – 31/08/12) on a Self Catering basis.
- Children under 2 free of charge in a cot.
- 50% charge for children under 18 in second family bedroom.
- Children in their own room with en-suite bathroom charged at full adult rate.
- Please enquire for Special Offers which may be available during the UK Summer and/or for last minute bookings
Note: Please enquire for rates for different Room Types and Seasons and we will compile a detailed quotation for your stay.
Blue Gum are 100% committed to offering work to those living in the immediate community (thus offering in-house training rather than taking on hotel school students) who are employed on a year-round wage and not a seasonal basis. Family members are then offered Seasonal work when possible (e.g. teenagers during the holidays).