Nxabega Tented Camp
Situated near permanent channels of the Okavango Delta &Beyond Nxabega Okavango Tented Camp offers a water and wilderness experience with the excitement of viewing big game on land. Mokoro (canoe) and power boat excursions area highlight during a stay here.
Accommodation Information select a tab
Facilities & Services
- The camp comprises a dining room, sitting room and expansive decks with sweeping views set in a magnificent elevated main building constructed in local timber, reed and thatch.
- There is a main swimming pool.
- Morning, afternoon/early evening safari drives in open 4×4 safari vehicles, boating and mekoro (dugout canoe) excursions.
- Birdwatching is excellent here.
Bars & Restaurants
- The camp varies dining from the main areas to the boma whilst bush dinners and breakfasts can also be organised.
- Central bar for drinks.
All children are welcome at the camp but due to its location it maybe more suitable for older children. Children age 6 plus are welcome to join the main drives subject to good behaviour! The minimum age for guided walks and mekoros is 16.
Looking after younger guests
- Videos, colouring books, etc. are available for children.
- Some games available in the guest area.
- Lodge has a pool but parents must supervise their children when using the pool as there are no life guards.
Early dinners for children are always available but the lodge do not have a children’s menu and meals are arranged with the chef on arrival.
Babysitting & Supervised Activities
- Shortened game drives (free of charge) can be arranged for children under 6 subject to vehicle availability.
- Childminders are available in the evenings, as well as during game drives, but must be booked on the day of arrival and paid upon departure.
Please note the camp is not fenced and wildlife can wonder through camp.
Nine East African-style safari tents on raised wooden platforms with private decks overlook a floodplain. All have an ensuite shower and w.c, and are elegantly furnished with wardrobes, luggage racks, chairs, dressing tables and bedside tables.
An extra bed can be arranged for a child sharing their parents’ suite.
Please note there are no inter-leading rooms.
The rates start from £363 per person sharing (07/01/12 – 29/02/12 and 11/11/12 – 20/12/12 )
- Children aged 5 and under stay free (but cannot join the main game drives).
- Children 6-16 years pay 50% of adult rates
- If three children share a room then the first child pay full adult rate