Protea Knysna Quays
The hotel is located in an enviable position, in the heart of the bustling Knysna Quays Waterfront, overlooking the Lagoon. The combination of comfortable accommodation and an excellent range of shops and restaurants within walking distance makes this an option worth consideration.
Accommodation Information select a tab
Facilities & Services
Please note: these are inclusive in price unless otherwise stated.
- Pool: The swimming pool, with uniquely designed wooden sun deck, affords wonderful views over the lagoon.
- Moorings: Individual moorings and jetties on your doorstep.
Bars & Restaurants
- Bistro offering buffet breakfast only (a number of excellent restaurants are available a few steps away).
- In-room dining can be ordered in from the Spur Restaurant.
Its prime location makes this an ideal and affordable base to explore the region, whilst the Protea ‘Prokidz’ programme will ensure children feel welcome.
Looking after younger guests
- Protea’s ‘Prokidz’ programme is designed for visitors up to the age of 12 and includes the following:
- Prokidz registration form and check-in (so the hotel is aware of all requirements!).
- Welcome pack and gift in room on arrival.
- Selection of board games available from reception desk.
In-room dining option available from a family-friendly restaurant (see above).
Babysitting & Supervised activities
Babysitting: Service available on request.
Bedrooms (from 20 square metres) are equipped with air-conditioning and tea & coffee making facilities. Bushbaby recommends the more spacious Lagoon-facing rooms, to enable you to make the most of the stunning views.
- Families can be accommodated in the Lagoon-facing rooms only, with 2 double beds suitable for up to 2 adults and 2 children.
- Inter-leading rooms available.
Rates from £58 per night per adult sharing, inclusive of Bed & Breakfast in a Standard Room (valid 01/05/12 – 30/09/12). Supplement of £18 for an upgraded Lagoon facing Room.
- Children under 12 free of charge but pay for breakfast locally.
- Children in their own room charged at adult rate.
Note: Please enquire for rates for different Room Types and Seasons and we will compile a detailed quotation for your stay.
Protea Hotels has a Social Investment Committee which oversees the donation of funds and accommodation for prizes to various charity organisations. Each hotel within the group also has its own charity project, the most successful of which receives an award at the annual Executive Leadership Conference.