The Zambezi Queen is unique in that it’s a sophisticated, elegant experience that has not lost the essence of all that is uniquely African. Officially a Namibian registered vessel the Zambezi Queen is a fantastic way of exploring the Chobe and Zambezi Rivers in search of wildlife combined with land based 4×4 safaris in the Chobe.
Accommodation Information select a tab
Facilities & Services
- The boat operates a 2 and 3 night programme departing on Mondays and Wednesdays for the 2 night itinerary and Fridays for the 3 night itinerary.
- Plunge pool on upper deck offering great views
- Lounge on the upper deck with private sun deck.
- Library with variety of books and games in lounge area and a reading room on the lower deck
- Water safaris on smaller boats, bird watching and tiger fishing for the young at heart.
- Land based 4×4 safaris in Chobe National Park
- Aerial safaris in a small aircraft also available at an additional cost.
Bars & Restaurants
- Dining room on the top deck serving all meals.
- Fully stocked bar also available on the upper deck.
Children aged 7 and over are welcome on the Zambezi Queen.
Babysitting & Supervised Activities
There are no babysitting facilities offered on the Zambezi Queen and parents are expected to supervise their children at all times.
- Zambezi Queen offers 10 Suites and 4 Master Suites – maximum of 2 persons per Suite except for 2 suites which incorporate sofa couches which can be used by a child under the age of sixteen.
- All accommodation is en-suite with king size beds which can be converted to 2 single beds on request.
- All suites have private balconies and fans, full length sliding shutter doors for both privacy and protection from the sun, mosquito screens and the finest finishes.
- Four Master Suites have their own private deck with outdoor furniture and panoramic views.
- Please note – none of the rooms have air conditioning due to electricity limitations on the boat
- There are only 4 standard suites with a sleeper couch to accommodate children.
- There are no inter-leading rooms available.
Rates start from £683 per person for a 2 night departure and the rate is on a fully inclusive basis.
- Children aged 7 – 15 years receive a 20% discount off the applicable adult rate if they occupy a standard bed.
- A Child under 16 years of age will be charged 50% of the single rate when accommodated on a sleeper couch in a standard suite.
- Suites 24 and 26 (which have a 3rd single bed) permit a child to share with adults at a 50% discount off the adult sharing rate.
- Children 16 and older pay full abult rates.