Teniqua Treetops Lodge
Teniqua Treetops is a unique, tented tree house resort, offering eco accommodation. It occupies a stunning location high on the foothills of the ancient Outeniqua mountain range, set in acres of pristine indigenous forest, ideal for a stay with a difference!
Accommodation Information select a tab
Features & Services
Please note: All below-mentioned services are included in the price, unless otherwise stated.
- Pool: A deep pool with inflatables & balancing beam & a shallow pool which has been converted to be used as a jacuzzi for smaller children or adults.
- Entertainment Outside Area: Huge jungle gym with integral swing, sandpit & Trampoline.
- Entertainment Room: Consisting of table tennis, darts, books, computer games, exercise equipment and more
- Communal Braai/BBQ: Located next to the pool and available to all guests for Lunch or Dinner. While the children are out at the pool, the adults can take also enjoy time-out at the BBQ!
- River Walk: Not for the faint hearted! Walking down the Karatara Gorge, this strenuous walk will take you to through to an array of rock-pools, where you can enjoy a cold, cola-colored swim.
Bars & Restaurants
- As this tented tree house resort is self-catering, there are no restaurants on site. The closest village for supplies is Sedgefield (23km).
- Arrangments can be made with the lodge to purchase your groceries before arrival, but this has to be arranged minimum 7 days in advance.
8 Luxurious, self-catering, tented tree houses offer a unique opportunity to sleep, eat and shower up in the canopy of the forest, surrounded by birdsong and butterflies. Built on hand crafted platforms and situated in carefully chosen beauty spots, they have comfortable tented bedrooms, fully equipped kitchens and leafy luxury bathrooms.
See below for room configurations
- The Eyrie & Tranquility Family Treehouse, sleeps 2 adults & 2 children under 12 years. These are toddler friendly. Main bedroom has a queen bed, with a bunk bed in the other room. There is a seperate lounge & deck area.
- Philosopher’s Perch, sleeps 2 adults & 2 children. Recommended for older children, due to it’s location & the railings being further apart from each other.
- The Forest Elders is the largest Treehouse, and sleeps 2 Adults & 3 children. This are also not suitable for toddlers due to the spacing of the railings.
Rates are from £115 for a 1-Bedroom Treehouse (The Eyrie and Tranquility) per night on self-catering basis. Upgrade to a 2-Bedroom Treehouse for a supplement of £25 per night.
Out of SA Winter school holidays, there are discounts up to 30%! Please enquire
All treehouses have fully equipped kitchen facilities including cookers, microwaves, fridges, and all utensils so with Linen also provided, the Lodge offers a practical option for families. This is a unique opportunity to sleep, eat and shower up in the canopy of the forest, surrounded by birdsong and butterflies.
Looking After Younger Guests
- As most activities are either outdoors or within the games room, children are kept busy using their own iniative.
- TV with TopTv (Compact DSTV) can only be viewed in the communal area
- An internet hotspot is available with a PC & linux games
- No meals are included, but the fully equipped kitchens are available for your convenience.
Babysitting & Supervised Activities
- Child-minding is offered to families, but must be booked in advance & there is a cost involved.
- Being in the wilderness, and staying in the heart of a natural forest, you might encounter a few insects, tame animals or harmless snakes.
- There is electricity at the lodge, but there is an occasional power outage. A spare box of matches or lighter won’t go amiss.
- Comfortable, strong hiking boots are recommended for those who would like to attempt the steep river-walk!
Although they do not have a responsible tourism program in place, being in a nature conservation area, they are known to be an eco-friendly lodge. Teniqua believe in long term sustainability & leaving the smallest possible environmental footprint.