Set into the hillside, the hotel offers a wide selection of leisure activities and variety of rooms offering stunning views over Johannesburg. Whilst it provides an oasis away from the bustle of the City, a complimentary shuttle also operates to local shopping malls.
Accommodation Information select a tab
Facilities & Services
Please note: these are inclusive in price unless otherwise stated.
- Pool: A rim-flow pool with stunning views over Johannesburg and the Zoological Gardens below. There is also a second pool and several plunge pools within the Estate.
- Spa: The Camelot Health & Body Centre offers a full range of spa and beauty treatments for a charge.
- Gym: A state-of-the-art gym is available for guests, with professional personal trainers also available (for a charge).
- Tennis: Floodlit hard clay court available.
- Shuttle service to Sandton, Rosebank and various other shopping centres as well as local restaurants in the evening.
- Within the estate, the hotel operates a ‘shuttle service’ of club cars and microbuses every few minutes to transfer you up and down the hotel between facilities if required.
Bars & Restaurants
- La Belle Terrasse and Loggia Restaurants serve breakfast and dinner in elegant surroundings, with spectacular views of the town below from the terrace.
- The Conservatory offers all-day light dining including lunch and afternoon tea.
- The Polo Bar and Lounge is the perfect place for a rendez vous for a cocktail before dinner or to enjoy a light snack such as pasta or salad.
A flexible range of accommodation options including suites and adjoining rooms for families is provided, although the numerous steps may not be convenient for buggies!
Looking after younger guests
- Welcome goodies and towelling robe
- Children’s movies
- Secure garden terraces to explore
- Complimentary transport to Johannesburg Zoo with its extensive gardens and animals.
- A “Behind the Scenes” tour is now offered for those who want an up close & personal visit at the Zoo. The tour includes a visit to the Zoo kitchen & accommpanying staff to feed the animals, a visit to the zoo hospital, as well as a visit to the “night rooms” which is an area the animals escape to away from the elements.
Alternatively, guests can bring a picnic basket and a torch and embark on a “Night tour” and learn about the lives of nocturnal animals while encountering crocodiles, civets, honey badgers, hippos and lots more! Hereafter you will enjoy a picnic whilst toasting marshamallows around a roaring bondfire. Quite adventurous!
(Please consult with the concierge for bookings & charges.)
- The Children’s Menu can be enjoyed in the Polo Bar or on Room Service.
- Bespoke Meals are available on request.
Babysitting & Supervised activities
Babysitting: Services are provided by in-house staff.
115 stylishly and individually decorated Rooms and Suites, in a Tuscan-style, hillside, village setting. All rooms have air-conditioning and mini-bar, whilst most enjoy a balcony or terrace.
- 80 Luxury and Executive Business Rooms (from 47 square metres)
- 30 Junior, Studio and Luxury Suites with open plan living area (from 55/70 square metres).
- 4 One-Bedroom Suites with separate living room and Presidential Penthouse suite with 2 bedrooms.
- A cot can be placed in a Luxury and Executive Business Room.
- Up to 1 cot and 1 additional bed can be arranged for a Suite.
- There are a number of room combinations with interlinking lobby areas ideal for families.
Rates from £88 per night per adult sharing, inclusive of Bed & Breakfast in a Deluxe Room (valid 01/05/12 – 21/12/12). Supplement of £82 for upgraded Junior Suite.
- Children stay free if in a cot.
- Children requiring a bed are charged at approximately £20.
- Children in their own room pay adult rates.
Note: Please enquire for rates for different Room Types and Seasons and we will compile a detailed quotation for your stay.
The Westcliff supports the Hotels Housing Trust. Information is available in the bedrooms and donations can be added to the bill.