Bakubung & Kwa Maritane Lodges
The sister properties, situated in this spectacular National Park close to Sun City, offer comfortable rooms, good game viewing and a range of leisure facilities all for a reasonable rate (children under 18 share free), forming an ideal option for those seeking an introduction to safari.
Accommodation Information select a tab
Facilities & Services
Please note: these are inclusive in price unless otherwise stated.
- Pool: Good-sized swimming pool at both lodges. Kwa Maritane also has a second pool with water slide.
- Sports Facilities: Tennis courts, volleyball, table tennis, bush putt courses (KM only) and Action cricket (B only) are available on site.
- Wildlife: At Kwa Maritane, there is an Educational Centre and a 130 metre long tunnel takes you to a Hide. Wildlife activity here can also be viewed from the television in your bedroom, thanks to the Hide Camera!
- Game Drives: 4 × 4 vehicles will take you to in to Pilanesburg Park (minimum age applicable, generally around age 5). These are not included in the room rate, but currently children only have to pay a nominal fee for entrance to the Park when they join their parents.
- Sun City: Regular shuttles to Sun City available at a charge.
Bars & Restaurants
- A variety of differently themed buffets and carvery are served to guests in the evening, whilst light meals are available for lunch. The eating areas at both lodges make the most of their stunning locations, overlooking the Park.
With up to 2 children sharing free under 18 on a Dinner, Bed & Breakfast basis, the Lodges are ideal for families looking to combine the Big Five with Big Fun, all within a reasonable budget.
Looking after younger guests
- Children’s adventure playground at each Lodge
- Board games and Outdoor Chess.
- Morning and Evening Buffets free of charge for children.
- Bespoke Meals available on request.
Babysitting & Supervised activities
Babysitting: In-house staff providing baby-sitting services.
- Animals: The accommodation is fenced, with spacious gardens within the boundaries for play.
- Water: The Swimming pools represent the only deep water on site.
76/90 comfortable rooms at Bakubung/Kwa Maritane are equipped with air-conditioning and tea & coffee making facilities.
- Rooms at Bakubung can accommodate up to 2 children sharing (2 double beds)
- Certain family rooms at Kwa Maritane can accommodate up to 3 children sharing (2 double beds and sofa bed)
Rates from £170 per night per adult sharing, on a Dinner, Bed & Breakfast Basis. (valid 01/05/12 – 30/07/12).
- Up to 2 children under 18 years stay free of charge (on a Dinner, Bed & Breakfast Basis).
- Third child sharing at Kwa Maritane is charged from £45
- Children in their own room charged at adult rates.
Please enquire regarding Special Offers that may be available when combining with alternative ‘Legacy’ properties such as The Commodore in Cape Town.
Note: Please enquire for rates for different Room Types and Seasons and we will compile a detailed quotation for your stay.
Local projects are regularly supported such as the Mogwase Holy Family School and University Colleges and the Sun City Paramedic Function and Police Crime Stop Project .